Balancing Energy (Qi)
“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
Traditional Chinese Medicine aims at keeping the energy, or qi, balanced in the body through the meridians. Unhealthy body conditions occur when movement becomes stagnant or when your energy is too much or little.
Tui Na when directly translated into English is “pressing and rubbing.” It employs pressing and rubbing techniques on the body to condition movement of the qi through your meridians. Combine Tui Na Massage with herbal remedies and acupuncture to relief built-up stress in your body and specific areas of tension and pain.
Here are 7 Benefits to TCM Tui Na Massage Therapy:
1. Improve Your Sleep Quality: We have our fair share of stressful nights where we toss and turn trying to get some rest. Insomnia caused by stress can strain and take a toll on your body. It is important to catch enough sleep each night. Tui Na Massage can help you unwind, and get a good night’s sleep.
2. Improve Your Digestive System: Stress can cause physical symptoms of constipation or diarrhea. Tui Na Massage coupled with herbal medicine and Acupuncture is an excellent treatment option for those with frequent bowel conditions. TCM Tui Na Massage puts pressure on your body point related to the colon to balance the vital life force in that organ. Find balance in your colon and overall well being.
3. Resolve Your Headache: Occasionally headaches result from stress and nervousness in the body. When you have a headache, an imbalance of energy occurs in your head. The beauty of Tui Na massage is that it circulates this energy to resolve your headache by helping you to relax any tension.
4. Reduce Muscle and Joint Pains: Tui Na Massage softens the connective tissue in your body, helping to reduce pain in the areas in the joints or muscles. When it is tense and hard it causes pain an discomfort. Therefore, softening the connective tissue using Tui Na massage is a great way to find some pain relief.
5. Improve Your Arthritis: Arthritis happens when you have too much dampness, or yin in the body. Tui Na Massage helps balance the yin (cold) and yang (hot) in your body. We treat this by increasing the heat in your body and reducing the cold. Softening the fascia (connective tissues) can be greatly helpful in pain relief of your joints due to Arthritis.
6. Improving Piriformis and Sciatica: Pain due to your nerve sending impulses from the low back can go all the way down to your lower legs. Tui Na Massage helps your neuromuscular condition by softening the connective tissue around the nerve. It helps by relaxing muscles that may be pressing on the nerve. Moving energy from Tui Na Massage provides blood flow to the areas of the affected nerves. Although it cannot heal any structural issues, it is effective for pain relief.
7. Improve Your Balance: If you have impaired coordination causing you to suffer from imbalance and frequent falls, you can improve your overall performance with regular Tui Na Massage treatment and strength training.
There are many wonderful reasons to try TCM Tui Na massage. Tui Na Massage can relief your tension and help you achieve a state of relaxation. This TCM treatment is best coupled with acupuncture and herbal remedies. Ask about Tui Na Massage when booking your next appointment to find your optimal self.